You may not know that we are owned by international best selling Author Mandie Holgate who is also a multi award winning business coach who grew her first business to over £1,000,000 in the 1990’s in a recession!
Over on Mandie’s blog there is an article that quite frankly we felt we ought to nick!
So here’s an abridged version of how to make money out of blogging*
Whether you own your own business, work for a charity, have a passion for K-Pop or Women’s football you can make money from blogging.
You can get your passion for any subject out there and help others benefit too.
- But what do you write?
- And what’s the magic formula that ensures people read and action what you say?
- And what if you’ve written a blog but like your social media it falls flat and achieves nothing?
And best of all check out step 11 where I share some of the amazing ways it can make you money!
Join me for the fastest 13 steps to a making your blog a money maker!
1. Time on your side
Make time — when I’m coaching someone on growing a business or earning more money I end every session by finding out when will the actions we set be completed by. If you can’t find 20% of your time to work on this, how will it happen?
2. Your reason why?
What is the purpose of writing your blog? And if the answer is “To make lots of money!” or “To find lots of customers” Then think again.
Do you want to inspire? Empower? Educate? Stir up passion for a cause?
Yes, behind that reason is the desire to make money from blogging but foremostly consider how you are going to make a difference in the world. Customers buy when they are ready to from those that they trust. A blog helps you build awareness, trust and respect so that when they want something, it’s you they remember!
3. Who are you writing for?
I was training a room full of business owners on blogging for business and when I asked this question someone said (and I’m not sure they were joking) “Anyone that has skin!” They’d been told that to sell their skin products they could sell them to anyone. I pointed out that my husband had skin and only used moisturizer if I bought it for him at Christmas, and even then 1 bottle could last a year!
Just like marketing is a lot easier when you really know your perfect customers (want more on that click here) blogging is a lot easier when you are talking to the right people. So take the time to describe in detail your perfect readers.
4. What do you write about?
A big mistake bloggers make is that they write what they want to talk about and not what readers want to read. You may know that what they need to know is questions they’ve not even considered asking, so how could they know they need to know something they don’t know they need to know?!? (Confusing right?)…
- Over on the Insiders, our confidential mastermind group and virtual networking platform we are focusing on how to create side businesses and new income streams. We appreciate how challenging this Autumn/Winter is going to be for many so there will still be no charge for our networking events (Just £10 a month to be a member and get all those benefits, discounts and competitions).
- You can also buy Mandie’s courses with a 50% discount as a member – including her Blogging for Business course – blogging led to Mandie’s first best selling book Fight the fear so we know this course is exceptionally good. Learn more here.
- AND as an Insider you can sell Mandie’s courses and keep 50% of the profit – another way to bring some extra money in this winter – that or get BP shares 2 years ago in your time machine?